Terms & conditions of sale
Lewden (hereinafter called ‘the Vendor’) sells its products only upon the conditions set out below. No variation of these conditions will alter the contractual liability of the parties unless such variation is in writing signed by a duly authorised agent or employee of the Vendor.
- Orders are accepted at the prices ruling at the date of dispatch of the goods.
- A ‘fixed price’ quotation will be held for the time stated in the quotation but will apply only to the quantities and products quoted for.
3. Terms of Payment
- Terms of payment as agreed shall be strictly adhered to and any settlement discounts agreed will only be allowed provided payment falls strictly within the agreed settlement period.
- Overdue accounts are chargeable with interest compounded pro rata at the rate of 15% p.a. or at such other rate of interest as shall from time to time be announced by the Vendor and will be applied or otherwise as the Vendor in its absolute discretion thinks fit.
- Notwithstanding any agreed payment terms all invoices shall become due and payable immediately default is made in respect of the due payment date of any invoice due.
- Claims for deductions from invoices can only be entertained if they are made 10 days before the date due for the invoice to be paid.
- All delivery dates are approximate and the Vendor will make every effort to meet the delivery date indicated but in the event of delayed delivery the Vendor shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature arising thereof.
- Each part delivery shall be considered a separate transaction which will not affect the rights or liabilities of either party as to the remaining deliveries
- Non delivery or delayed delivery due to war, civil commotion, strikes, lockouts, machine breakdown, fire, force-majuere or any cause whatsoever beyond the Vendor’s control will not involve liability on the part of the Vendor and the Vendor will be entitled at its option to cancel the order or any part thereof or to an extension of time for delivery corresponding to the duration of the event causing the delay.
5. Retention of Title
- The legal ownership of any goods supplied by the Vendor to the Purchaser shall remain with the Vendor until the Purchaser shall have paid for them in full buthe risk in the goods and all liability in respect of them shall pass to the Purchaser on delivery.
- Until the purchaser shall have paid for the goods in full the Purchaser shall store the goods so that they can be readily identified as the property and goods of the Vendor.
- During the time that the goods remain the property of the Vendor as aforementioned, the Purchaser shall be entitled to sell the goods in the ordinary course of business provided that no Receiver shall have been appointed for the Purchaser or winding up or petition shall have been presented or winding up resolution passed in respect of the Purchaser.
- The purchaser shall hold the net proceeds of sale or re-sale on trust for the Vendor until such time as the sums due to the Vendor have been paid in full.
- If the Vendor’s goods shall be processed or incorporated into other goods then the goods so produced shall be the property of the Vendor either solely or in such proportion to the cost price to the Purchaser of the goods supplied by the Vendor in the new goods or articles produced.
The Purchaser shall indemnify the Vendor against all damages, penalties, costs and expenses for which the Vendor may become liable as the result of any work done by the Vendor in accordance with the Purchaser’s instructions or specifications which is an infringement of any Patent, Copyright or Registered Design.
7. Special Products
In the event of the Purchaser cancelling an order for goods made up specifically at the request of the Purchaser or comprising goods not normally stocked by the Vendor, the Purchaser shall pay upon cancellation the Vendor’s price for such goods as are completed at cancellation and an equitable price for such goods as are in process at cancellation based upon the Vendor’s costs, expenses and profit reasonably expected and incurred in processing or obtaining such goods in accordance with the degree of progress attained.
8. Cancellation of Orders
Orders accepted by us cannot be cancelled or modified except with our consent.
9. Purchaser’s Conditions
In the event of customers’ order forms containing printed conditions of purchase it is understood that such conditions are only binding as far as they are not at variance with the terms and conditions mentioned herein.
10. Damage or Loss in Transit
- We shall replace goods lost pr damaged in transit to the Purchaser provided we shall be notified of such damage or defect within 10 working days of delivery or in the case of loss, within 10 working days of the date of dispatch or receipt of the invoice but not otherwise.
- The Vendor shall not be liable in respect of any claim in respect of loss or profit or any consequential loss by the Purchaser arising as a result of failure of goods to be delivered or not being delivered on time
11. Privacy Notice
Any personal information we obtain is processed in accordance with relevant Privacy Notice. Please visit www.lewden.co.uk to view our Privacy Notices.
12.How to pay
Cheques should be made payable to Lewden LTD. BACS payments
should be made with the following details. Bank: HSBC Bank Plc
Account: Lewden LTD.
Sterling - A/C No: 32155982, Sort Code: 40-03-21
Euro - A/C No: 76046509, Sort Code: 40-12-76
US Dollar - A/C No: 76046490, Sort Code: 40-12-76